Tuesday 12 March 2013

QUESTION : I am almost 20 years of age but my family takes care of me like a baby!


 Hi,

I am almost 20 years of age but my family takes care of me like a baby!

I’m the last born in my family and my parents still pampers and treats me as a baby.  They don’t allow me to take verdicts or communicate my opinions. My sister says they don’t wish to allow me to take decisions or express opinions because they feel old when they do. I had reason to be away from home two years ago, but when my mom got to know that I was going to stay with my boyfriend, she inquired if  I would love to discuss about contraception!


Answer: 

Your sister did not mince or chop up word. She actually hit the nail on the head. Your parents may feel strange about their age and as well hasn’t come to terms with letting you move on to the next stage of your life. They feel somewhat awful about losing their parental control over you. Just try to feel for them and try to treat them with patience. When you are able to do that, it is also a sign that you are matured. One thing you must remember is that you will always be their child. Your attitudes and behaviors will help them to realized and better accept the fact that you are now a grown up and no longer their babysit child. Then; they will have no option than to let you manage your social life independent of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment